|address||2855 Breezy Heights Road Wayzata, MN 55391|
To positively impact my client’s businesses and lives by serving as a savvy, creative ally whose ideas, originality, collaborative spirit and resourcefulness can be trusted to deliver great results on their most important projects – each and every time.
Creative Director. Editorial Producer. Fashion Stylist. Trend Expert. Event Director. Media Maven.
- Mercedes Benz – Creative Director of the worldwide event that introduced a new Adtranz Locomotive.
- Twin Cities Luxury Magazine – Senior Style Editor who helped a local, Minneapolis magazine rise to the national level by expanding creativity, distribution and engagement of national advertisers.
- Target – Fashion Producer/Stylist for a stunning fashion event that featured 130 Target team members, modeling 130 customized looks, featuring all fashion lines sold at Target(including Anna Sui, Rodarte and Liberty of London) in one cohesive, memorable show.
- Fashion Ball – Creator and Event Director of a successful, new charity, art and fashion event that has raised tens of thousands of dollars for the arts every year since 2010.
- “Deemed The Style Expert” since 2005 by local NBC channel Kare11 News. Since then, Grant Whittaker columns are regularly featured in an array of publications including, Metro Magazine, Minnesota Monthly Magazine and Minneapolis Star Tribune.
- Media Maven/Spokesperson for Nexcare – a major 3M brand.
Owner/Creative Director, Grant Whittaker Style – Minneapolis, MN 2000-Present
- Developed boutique working relationships with over 50 local and national clients – including major brands, department stores and luxury products, such as: Monique Lhuillier, Yigal Azrouel, Herman Miller, BMW, ASI Private Jet, Prairie Vodka, Bentley, Neiman Marcus, Target and Marshall Fields.
- Directed and produced over 25 major fashion, product and marketing events – including launch events for Target in-house brands: Converse, Hip (By Loreal), Champion C-9, Shaun White and many of Target’s Diversity Council Projects.
- Researched and delivered editorials. spotlights, trend and luxury reports for numerous radio, television and media companies.
- Represented 3M Nexcare as Product Spokesperson and Chief Blogger.
- Managed casting calls, talent, artists, models and large production teams to deliver complex creative projects on time and on budget.
- Concepted and styled wardrobe. hair, make-up and more for countless clients.
Creative Catalyst, Fallon Worldwide – Minneapolis, MN 2008-2009
Creative Catalyst = an in-house creative ally responsible for the agency’s image, whose expertise is available to all departments of the agency.
- Established and managed staff to support a “new look” and feel to manage client’s first impressions and on-going experience with Fallon.
- Worked as Fallon website anchor and lead writer for “Culture Vultures,” a blog and media outlet dedicated to highlighting style, beauty, fashion and product trends.
- Concepted and directed both agency and client special events.
- Managed casting of commercial talent, art buying and client concierge services.
- Collaborated with staff to pitch new creative concepts and production methods.
- Lead focus groups on the topics of style, trend and beauty.
- Served as a diversity consultant and agency spokesperson.
- Contributed to community relations and non-profit support.
Senior Style Editor, Twin Cities Luxury and Fashion Magazine– Minneapolis, MN 2007-2008
- Concepted and Produced magazine look, format and covers.
- Art Directed and Produced 9-10 page fashion layouts to expand upon covers every month.
- Developed monthly style and trend outlook column.
- Managed talent casting and production.
- Produced all creative and special events.
- Established new advertising relationships with international and local luxury clients: BMW, Bentley, Maserati, Mercedes- Benz, ASI Jet, Louis Vuitton, Monique Lhuillier, Rogan, Thomas Pink, YSL and more.
University of Maryland – Heidelberg, German – Associates Degree Business Management – 1994.
Fluent in both English and German
Yoga, dance, interior design, dogs, friends and happiness.
Gladly furnished upon request